be.ENERGISED offers you the possibility to create invoices manually.
Please note that for creating and editing invoices the corresponding rights are required. Not every be.ENERGISED license has access to these rights. Therefore, check whether your license includes the respective right and whether you have to activate it for your user group, if necessary. More information about the general rights management can be found here.
The following explains each of the options when creating an invoice.
Creating a new invoice
- In be.ENERGISED, under Finance/Record-keeping you go to Invoices and then Create new invoice.
- In the next step you enter the basic data of the invoice
- Name: specifies the name/description of the invoice. The name of the invoice is only visible for you in be.ENERGISED. The invoice recipient will not find this name on the created invoice
- Contact: is the invoice recipient. This contact must be created under CRM/All customers. Only existing contacts are available for selection here. You can find more info about CRM in this article.
- Invoicing configuration: here you select the appropriate invoicing numbers you created before. You can find more information about the configuration of invoicing numbers here.
To be able to select an invoicing number for a manually created invoice, "Invoice" must be selected in the Valid for document type item.
You can configure your invoice numbers under Finance/Settings/Invoice numbers.
- Currency: here you select the currency for this invoice
- Date of document: indicates the creation date of the manual invoice. This date will then also be visible on the invoice sent to the invoice recipient.
- Language: indicates the document language. The document language cannot be changed after this step anymore!
- Reference: is an internal reference for you. This is not visible to the invoice recipient on the invoice.
- Customer reference: this is the reference for the customer, i.e. the invoice recipient. This reference is displayed on the final invoice in the top right corner in the so-called info field. This field serves as an aid for the recipient to be able to allocate the invoice.
Reference and Customer reference are optional fields and do not have to be filled.
After that, go to Save and you will be redirected to the next view for further configuration of your manual invoice.
An invoice can only be edited or deleted as long as it is in Draft status! This is only possible for manually created invoices. Automatic invoices are immediately created by the system with the status Open.
The recipient cannot be changed after the invoice has been created.
You have the option to add a Document contact name. Once entered, the contact person can still be changed, but not deleted.
If there is a requirement for a different delivery address, a separate delivery contact can be selected from your CRM contacts.
- Customer number: indicates the customer number of the recipient. By clicking on the number, you will be redirected directly to the recipient's contact sheet
- Reference: see above
- Customer reference: see above
- Order date: here you can enter the date when you received the order.
- Payment Term: Here the payment term is displayed, which is stored as default payment term for the recipient CRM contact. If no payment term is defined for the CRM contact, this field is empty for the time being, and you have to define a payment term manually.
- Sales employee and Editor: The contact entered here can be selected from your created users under User management.
- Document language: was entered when creating the invoice. Cannot be changed in this step.
- Document layout: If no layout has been defined in the selected invoicing number in the item "Account document layout", then the standard layout is automatically defined here. Otherwise, the invoice layout specified in the invoice number range is entered. However, you can still change this afterwards by selecting from your existing invoice layouts here.
Add line entry
When creating a manual invoice, you can individually add the line items you want for items, goods or services here. This can be done under Add line entry/Add manual line entry.
Line entry data
Line entry name: Name of the item/ article.
Detailed description: Here you can describe the item in more detail.
Then you can enter the quantity, price and tax rate for the item. Under Tax rate you can select the tax rates that you have created under Finance/Settings/Tax configuration.
Here you can enter the revenue or expense account. Please contact your accounting department if you have any questions about the revenue account or the expense account.
Please note that although it is not mandatory to specify a revenue account, failure to do so will result in a warning in the accounting tab of the invoice, indicated by a red warning triangle.
A delivery date or a desired delivery date can be entered here.
When everything has been entered according to your wishes, click Add manual line entry.
You perform these steps for each item that the manually created invoice should contain.
"Comments", "Accounting", "Sales Process Matrix" tab
Under Comments you can add comments that are intended for your company internally. Furthermore, you can also see to whom the invoice was sent.
Under Accounting you will find a detailed list of all items with their prices and tax rates. The revenue account is entered manually by you, as described above. The tax account is the account that has been entered by you in the tax rate in the item Account no.
In the Sales process matrix you will find a list of all items and can trace the sales process (e.g. you will also see credit notes here, which were created as part of a cancellation of an invoice).
As soon as the invoice has been configured, you can finalize it via CONFIRM DOCUMENT. Before you confirm the document, it is still possible to delete it. After confirming the document, this is no longer possible. You can also save the draft invoice as a PDF before finalizing it. This serves as a preview and shows you the invoice as it is currently created.
After the document has been confirmed, your invoice will change to "Open" status.
"Open" invoices can then be emailed to the recipient, canceled (a credit note is automatically created here), and once paid, the receipt of payment can be recorded.
Version: 2022-03-02 14:24:57 UTC