This article is intended for customers who have stations in their instance that are still connected to the be.ENERGISED backend via the conventional connection types SOAP/ WEBSOCKET (without broker). Please note, that a connection via SOAP is currently only supported via the OCPP Broker. In the long term, however, SOAP will be completely eliminated.
Important information! The following settings can only be made if the hardware allows remote editing of the endpoint URL via the charging station data sheet in be.ENERGISED. For this, the blue pencil symbol must be given in the "Settings". More about this below.
Changing these stations to the OCPP Broker can be easily done via the charging station data sheet of the respective station in your be.ENERGISED instance. To do so, please proceed as follows.
Open the charging station data sheet
- log in to be.ENERGISED with your access data
- navigate to the tab Infrastructure/Charging stations/Station list
- from the list of displayed stations in your instance, select the station at which you want to perform the connection conversion
- by clicking on the blue button with the "document icon" you open the charging station data sheet
Load Parameters from Charging Station
- In the drop down menu (or as a separate tab) you will find the item Settings
- Retrieve the settings of the station via the button "Load parameters from charging station" and refresh the page after approx. 2 minutes
- Search the data field or fields where the endpoint URL is entered.
The name of the field differs depending on the hardware manufacturer, model and firmware, which is why no exact field name can be given here. As a rule, it is recommended to filter for "URL" in the search field.
- Click on the blue edit pen
- Enter your broker URL and save the settings. To find out your Broker URL, please read this article on OCPP endpoints.
- The port must be changed to 80 for "private" connections and to 443 for "public" connections.
- Afterwards, restart the station (in the station data sheet under Station management/Restart charging station).
- Wait a few minutes and reload the page
- Check the current OCPP connection type in the station data sheet under Edit/Connectivity - this should automatically be set to "OCPP over Broker".
If the connection type has not changed automatically after the boot notification of the station, but the broker URL has already been successfully adopted in the settings, you can set the OCPP connection type manually to "OCPP over Broker" under Edit/Connectivity.
Another option to do this changeover
For station models where the above procedure is not possible, there is another option to change the connection type of the station(s) to the OCPP Broker via be.ENERGISED by sending the endpoint URL to the station(s) using bulk operations.
You need the following information for this option:
- The Bulk operations right in be.ENERGISED (under Infrastructure)
- Identifier Key of the charging station(s): you will find this key when you call up the settings of the charging station via the "Load parameters from charging station" button (see above). Alternatively, you can refer to the configuration manual supplied with the charging station or ask the charging station manufacturer.
- OCPP Broker URL: see OCPP Endpoints
Step by step guide
- In be.ENERGISED under Infrastructure/Bulk operations/New Bulk Operation go to "Set configuration values on stations"
- You can set a filter under Model or Manufacturer (charging station model or charging station manufacturer)
- Select the desired stations. Please note that a maximum of 5 stations should be selected at the same time for this bulk operation.
- Set up the bulk as follows:
- Key = Identifier Key (depends on the manufacturer)
- Value = OCPP-Endpoint URL (e.g. ws://INSTANCE.private.ocpp-broker.com/ocpp/cp/socket/16)
- Resett ype = Hard
- Reset behavior = Always
This changeover may take a few minutes. After restarting the station(s), a BootNotification should be visible in the station data sheet in the "Communication logs" and the connection type (Edit/Connectivity) should have changed automatically to "OCPP over Broker".
Version: 2023-07-27 09:15:57 UTC