Definitions of terms can be found here.
You can find this function in be.ENERGISED under Infrastructure/Settings/Operating times and/or Opening hours. If you do not find these tabs, please check whether you have enabled the corresponding right. You can find more information on rights management in be.ENERGISED here.
In the following, the corresponding configurations are described in detail.
Follow the path Infrastructure/Settings/Operating times.
You can add a new setting by clicking on Add operating time configuration.
Make sure the name is descriptive and select the desired company.
You can now define the operating hours for each individual day. By default, the operating time of a charging station is assumed to be 24/7. If you want to limit this to, for example, 06:00 to 22:00, you can do this here. To do this, click on Operating times and define the operating times for each day separately.
As in the figure above, click on Register operating interval in the first step. Then select the respective day and enter the corresponding times.
If you have configured each day, they should be displayed like this:
In the next step, please configure your opening hours. To do so, go to Infrastructure/Settings/Opening hours and click on "Add opening hours configuration":
Just as before, with the operating times, you also select a suitable name and the corresponding company (entity) of your company structure for the opening hours. The transition time (duration BEFORE the start of the opening hours and AFTER the end of the opening hours) is entered in minutes. If you set the "Mirror to marketing information" item to YES, the opening hours at the charging station are automatically entered in the charging station data sheet in the Marketing/Opening times & access tab.
Configure the opening hours in detail according to the same principle as you did for the operating times:
Next, please go to Infrastructure/Charging stations/Station list and select the desired station and click on Edit/Time settings.
Under the time settings, you can define various conditions. First select the operating times you have just defined. In the menu item Stop automatically at operating time you have four options:
- Yes - end the charging process, unless charging was started by the owner (If the card owner is not equal to the station owner)
- Always (also send change availability commands): Yes and simultaneously change the live status of the station, e.g. in map services. The connectors of the charging station then change from "available" (during operating hours) to "not available" (outside operating hours).
Please be mindful that automated stop attempts require an active data connection.
For the opening hours, you also select the previously configured times, and for the selection "Automatic termination of charging processes when changing opening hours" you again have three different options to choose from:
- If the card owner is not equal to the station owner
After you have set up the operating and opening hours, the last configuration is the CPO tariff. This must still be set up in the station datasheet before the configuration is completed. To do this, go to Finance/Tariff & Invoicing/Rate management and select the tariff for that particular station and click on Sales Conditions. Under ‘Automatically stop charging’, you can enter a desired time in minutes after which charging should be automatically stopped (provided it is not stopped prematurely due to a switch in the "Times").
If you now want to find out why a loading process was interrupted (prematurely), you can see this in the respective loading process. To do so, go to the relevant charging process, for example, via Infrastructure/Charging processes/Charging process list and open the tab Additional information.
There is now a Scheduled Jobs tab in the Charging Station Datasheet -select Infrastructure/Charging stations/Station List/chose your charging station. Here you are given an overview of which scheduled, automated charging process interruptions are pending at your station and which have already been successfully completed.
Furthermore, you will also see entries for the ChangeAvailabilityRequests here if you have selected the option "Always (also send change availability commands)" when setting the operating times in the charging station data sheet.
The following applies with regard to the "Scheduled jobs":
- If you change the operating hours, then a recalculation of the "Scheduled Jobs" always takes place. For example, if you have configured operating hours from 09:00-17:00 and change them to 08:00-18:00, then the ChangeAvailabilityRequest will take place immediately at the new times.
- "Scheduled Jobs" and the associated ChangeAvailabilityRequest can be triggered any number of times, depending on the operating hours. For example, if you set the operating hours from 08:00-12:00 and then from 13:00-18:00 for a particular day, then the ChangeAvailabilityRequest will take place at 08:00, 12:00, 13:00 and 18:00.
- Since the ChangeAvailabilityRequest is an important function in the context of "Scheduled Jobs", it is important to ensure that it is performed successfully. To ensure that temporary errors do not affect the ChangeAvailabilityRequest, there are retries for "Scheduled Jobs" if the ChangeAvailabilityRequest is not performed the first time. There are a total of five attempts for each ChangeAvailabilityRequest. The time interval increases with the number of attempts (2nd attempt after 5 minutes, 3rd attempt after 10 minutes, 4th attempt after 15 minutes, etc.).
Version: 2022-10-18 07:21:30 UTC